LEE COUNTY, Fla. - It was a packed house at the East County Water Control District in Lehigh Acres Monday night. It was busy outside too... with dozens of protesters.
Officials are talking about getting a 7.5-million-dollar bond. It would cost citizens more than 15-million-dollars over 30 years.
"Right now is not the time to raise our taxes and they need to think about it more thoroughly and they need to bring it to a referendum to the people."
"I just bought a house recently, first time ever, so I don't want to get stuck with more taxes."
If passed, most of that money would go toward a new building for the Water Control District in Lehigh.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond
- SWFL man's dream vacation turns into nightmare