|Published:||Apr 20, 2010 3:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2010 3:38 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY - He was hired to protect the public. Instead, 51-year-old deputy Charles Bullock is accused of doing just the opposite.
A 15-year-old boy told Naples police Bullock sexually assaulted him three times in the food court bathroom while Bullock was on duty.
"I have terminated Cpl. Charles Bullock from the Collier County Sheriff's Office. I am outraged at the behavior that was outlined in the arrest warrant. I have lost confidence in his judgment & his ability to continue to function as a law enforcement officer," says Collier County Sheriff Kevin Rambosk.
In the police report, the boy says Bullock never identified himself as a deputy. The 15-year-old says Bullock watched him urinate then pulled him into a handicapped stall where he couldn't leave because Bullock was holding his legs down with his hands.
Bullock allegedly told the boy, 'If you scream or yell, I will hurt you."
Bullock was arrested for lewd battery and official misconduct. He's been with the Sheriff's Office since 1996, but resigned in 1998. He was re-hired in 1999. We don't know why he resigned.
We tried to talk to Bullock's family at his North Naples home, but they refused to comment.
The Sheriff is asking for anyone with information to come forward and says he's now meeting with managers and supervisors about the issue.
"I want to reaffirm with the community that I demand accountability from our members & appropriate conduct," says Sheriff Rambosk.
Detectives also tell Wink News they found ten images of child pornography on Bullock's home computer. More charges may be pending.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space