REDDICK, Fla. - Over the weekend, authorities have uncovered what's been called one of the worst animal hoarding cases they've ever seen.
Hundreds of dead and neglected animals were found on a Reddick, Florida man's 50-acre property. The property owner has been identified as Ignacio Dulzaides.
Authorities say they found more than 348 dead animals, many of which were situated in freezers. Among the animals that were seized from the property were tortoises, cows, sugar gliders, dogs, cats and birds.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Panther spotted at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Recent LCSO arrest totals 3 deputies handcuffed since April
- ABATE Bears for Bears drive under way
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America