|Published:||Apr 18, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla - Traffic flowing again on the eastbound lanes of Colonial Boulevard underneath the I-75 overpass following a crash Saturday afternoon.
It happened just off the on-ramp onto the northbound lanes of I-75. FHP says the driver of an SUV cut off the driver of a tractor trailer which lost control and swerved off the road. The rig crashing through a barrier before ending up in a ditch just feet from busy Colonial Boulevard.
The driver of the rig walked away unharmed.
Traffic in the eastbound lanes of Colonial re-directed and the on-ramp was shutdown for several hours.
The driver of the SUV and her daughter suffered minor injuries and were rushed to the hospital.
Charges are pending against that driver.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis