|Published:||Apr 16, 2010 6:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 16, 2010 6:17 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The old saying goes, “there are only two certainties in life: death and taxes.” Year after year, people have shown up here to get their midnight postmark on April 15th. For some, it's to hold onto their money as long as they can... for others, it's plain and simple procrastination.
Here's some good news - last year's economic recovery package contained $300 billion in tax cuts, so overall, Americans are actually paying fewer federal taxes this year. The Processing and Distribution Center here on Jetport Loop Road was open until midnight for all the last-minute filers. They kept coming up until the last minute.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating