|Published:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lehigh Acres teachers were among dozens of Lee County educators -- and educators across the state -- who are expressing their displeasure with Senate Bill 6; they're urging Governor Crist to veto the bill.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate teacher tenure, the educators' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Gov. Crist has until Friday night to sign or veto the controversial bill.
Stay with WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory