|Published:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lehigh Acres teachers were among dozens of Lee County educators -- and educators across the state -- who are expressing their displeasure with Senate Bill 6; they're urging Governor Crist to veto the bill.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate teacher tenure, the educators' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Gov. Crist has until Friday night to sign or veto the controversial bill.
Stay with WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- New Florida voting law
- Senate committee approves immigration bill