|Published:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 15, 2010 12:02 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lehigh Acres teachers were among dozens of Lee County educators -- and educators across the state -- who are expressing their displeasure with Senate Bill 6; they're urging Governor Crist to veto the bill.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate teacher tenure, the educators' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Gov. Crist has until Friday night to sign or veto the controversial bill.
Stay with WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve