|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
NEW YORK, NY - WINK News brings you the 911 tape recorded moments after Nadia Bloom was found. Bloom, an 11-year-old girl from the Orlando area, disappeared Friday, April 9; she was found on Tuesday, April 13, 2010.
The Florida man who rescued Bloom says God led him to the 11-year-old girl, who was lost for days in a swamp. James King clutched his Bible outside a Manhattan TV studio Wednesday as he told The Associated Press that his rescue mission took him into a dangerous part of the swamp where it's easy to slip and fall. He says he was watching out for snakes and reciting passages from the Bible about serpents.
The father of five also says that when he found Nadia Bloom, he was surprised she was not panicked or even worried. King says Nadia, a member of a church he once attended, joined him in reading another biblical passage about God directing people's paths. Doctors say Nadia had some bruises and bites and was dehydrated, but was otherwise okay.
Related: Nadia Bloom found alive in Swamp
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space