|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Teachers from Lee County are protesting Senate Bill 6 , which is now awaiting a decision from Governor Charlie Crist.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate tenure, teachers' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Stay with WINK News and WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash