|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Teachers from Lee County are protesting Senate Bill 6 , which is now awaiting a decision from Governor Charlie Crist.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate tenure, teachers' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Stay with WINK News and WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers