|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Teachers from Lee County are protesting Senate Bill 6 , which is now awaiting a decision from Governor Charlie Crist.
Senate Bill 6 would eliminate tenure, teachers' pay would be based on student performance, and the measure would make it easier to fire Florida teachers.
Stay with WINK News and WINKNews.com for the latest updates on the controversial bill.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida