|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 3:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 3:50 PM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - The former head of a Cuban exile group says he is leaving his post at the U.S. Department of Energy to run for Congress.
This week, Democrat Joe Garcia announced his plans to make another run for the congressional seat currently held by U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Miami).
Garcia unsuccessfully ran for seat in 2008 against Diaz-Balart, who has said he plans to switch districts and run for the seat vacated by his older brother, Lincoln. Garcia is the former head of the Cuban American National Foundation.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys