|Published:||Apr 14, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. - The man accused of kidnapping an killing Coralrose Fullwood will be in court today. Patrick Murphy is expected to plead guilty to murdering the little girl.
WINK News has confirmed, the man accused of raping and murdering the 6-year-old North Port girl is admitting he did it. 29-year-old Patrick Murphy will plead guilty to the murder of Coralrose Fullwood Wednesday, April 14, 2010.
She was kidnapped from her home on September 17, 2006. Little Coralrose's body was found just two blocks from her house.
Police believe she was raped and then murdered by Murphy.
The home where the little girl once lived sits on Calabash Lane in a quiet North Port neighborhood. People who live there tell WINK News they are forever changed by what happened and they hope justice will be served.
We've talked to Coralrose's family and they are aware that Murphy plans to plead guilty. They say they will make a statement after Patrick Murphy's court hearing.
WINK News will bring you the latest developments from the courtroom as we get them.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake