SARASOTA, Fla. - The man accused of kidnapping an killing Coralrose Fullwood will be in court today. Patrick Murphy is expected to plead guilty to murdering the little girl.
WINK News has confirmed, the man accused of raping and murdering the 6-year-old North Port girl is admitting he did it. 29-year-old Patrick Murphy will plead guilty to the murder of Coralrose Fullwood Wednesday, April 14, 2010.
She was kidnapped from her home on September 17, 2006. Little Coralrose's body was found just two blocks from her house.
Police believe she was raped and then murdered by Murphy.
The home where the little girl once lived sits on Calabash Lane in a quiet North Port neighborhood. People who live there tell WINK News they are forever changed by what happened and they hope justice will be served.
We've talked to Coralrose's family and they are aware that Murphy plans to plead guilty. They say they will make a statement after Patrick Murphy's court hearing.
WINK News will bring you the latest developments from the courtroom as we get them.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th