|Published:||Apr 12, 2010 10:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2010 10:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Fort Myers man, identified as 21-year-old Jamaal Young, is facing a weapons charge involving the alleged use of a weapon of mass destruction (WMD).
Police say Young was at his ex-girlfriend's home in the Ashlar Apartment complex when he mixed bleach, ammonia, degreaser and cough syrup; the concoction created chlorine gas, which nearly killed the suspect and left first responders in need of medical attention.
Young placed the liquid in the bathtubs, sinks, counters and inside the microwave of the home.
Apartments were evacuated as a result of the fumes, which permeated nearby residential units.
Police who responded to the scene had to undergo decontamination before they were transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned