|Published:||Apr 12, 2010 11:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2010 11:19 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla - A lesbian couple trying to celebrate their daughter's birthday instead called police after someone vandalized three of their cars and damaged their front door.
The hate-filled messages were spray-painted across one of the cars. The vandals writing "dykes go to hell, go home, gays don't belong here" and "lesbians equal hell".
"Its more than devastating. I don't think there are words that could explain what it would make you feel like when somebody does something this nature to you and your family", said one of the victims who asked we keep their identity a secret.
The attack happened last Tuesday.
The couple, who have two children, walked out their front door to find the hateful messages. The vandals also damaged several lights on their front yard and cut through the pool's lanai.
The pair bought one of the cars as a birthday present for their 16 year old daughter.
So far, no arrests have been made.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County