|Published:||Apr 12, 2010 11:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2010 11:54 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. - A former Tampa middle school teacher accused of having sex with students has pleaded guilty.
Stephanie Ragusa avoided a series of trials Monday by pleading to three counts of lewd and lascivious battery and two counts of unlawful sex with a minor. The 31-year-old also won a guarantee she wouldn't receive more than 10 years in prison. Ragusa also faces up to 10 years of probation.
The charges stemmed from separate, repeated sexual encounters with a 14-year-old boy and a 16-year-old boy. Both were students at Tampa's Davidsen Middle School, where Ragusa taught. She and the younger boy met when Ragusa broke her foot and he was assigned to help her get around the school.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect