|Published:||Apr 12, 2010 4:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2010 4:58 AM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - A 7-year-old girl, identified as Jahnya Ware, was killed in Miami when a gunman opened fire on the car she was riding in. The shooting Friday night also critically injured a 24-year-old woman.
A 3-year-old girl and another woman also in the car were not injured. Police say it's not clear who targeted the car or why. Police said the girl killed and the critically injured woman were not related.
Paramedics were initially able to revive the 7-year-old, but she died on the way to the hospital.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand