|Published:||Apr 12, 2010 4:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2010 4:58 AM EDT|
MIAMI, Fla. - A 7-year-old girl, identified as Jahnya Ware, was killed in Miami when a gunman opened fire on the car she was riding in. The shooting Friday night also critically injured a 24-year-old woman.
A 3-year-old girl and another woman also in the car were not injured. Police say it's not clear who targeted the car or why. Police said the girl killed and the critically injured woman were not related.
Paramedics were initially able to revive the 7-year-old, but she died on the way to the hospital.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle