|Published:||Apr 09, 2010 8:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2010 8:20 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla. - Authorities have released the names of the Florida baby and father who were involved in a tragic accident early Friday morning.
Detectives are investigating how a 4-month old boy was run over and killed by his father in Sarasota County. Officials say Cameron Kroot died early Friday morning.
The boy's parents were arguing at home. Deputies say sometime during the argument, Roderick A. Kroot, the boy's father, got into a vehicle and ran over the infant, around 2:30 a.m.
The man took the child to Venice Regional Medical Center, but doctors were unable to save the boy. No charges have been filed, but the Florida Highway Patrol and the sheriff's office are investigating.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause