|Published:||Apr 09, 2010 8:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2010 8:20 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla. - Authorities have released the names of the Florida baby and father who were involved in a tragic accident early Friday morning.
Detectives are investigating how a 4-month old boy was run over and killed by his father in Sarasota County. Officials say Cameron Kroot died early Friday morning.
The boy's parents were arguing at home. Deputies say sometime during the argument, Roderick A. Kroot, the boy's father, got into a vehicle and ran over the infant, around 2:30 a.m.
The man took the child to Venice Regional Medical Center, but doctors were unable to save the boy. No charges have been filed, but the Florida Highway Patrol and the sheriff's office are investigating.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students