|Published:||Apr 09, 2010 12:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2010 12:22 AM EDT|
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. - The unemployed restaurant worker accused of sexually assaulting and killing 7-year-old Somer Thompson has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Jarred Harrell entered the plea in a brief hearing Thursday morning. He is being held without bail. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill two days after she vanished walking home from school in October.
Authorities say Harrell lured Somer into his parents' home, where she was asphyxiated and tossed into a trash bin. Harrell was charged March 26 in Somer's slaying. He was already being held on child pornography charges in a separate case.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads