|Published:||Apr 09, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla. - The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a 4-month-old baby who apparently died after he was struck by a car that was driven by his father. The baby's parents were reportedly engaged in a domestic disturbance in the moments before the deadly accident occurred.
It was approximately 2:45 a.m. when Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of Pine Road in Nokomis, Florida. An investigation revealed that the baby's father attempted to drive away from the home during the domestic dispute -- a decision that triggered a deadly series of events that remain the subject of an ongoing investigation.
"During the incident, the victim was run over by a vehicle driven by his father. The father transported the infant to the Venice Hospital where he died," according to a press release from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.
The investigation into the baby's death is ongoing. WINK News will bring you new information as soon as it becomes available.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges