|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County health officials have confirmed a case of tuberculosis in a student who attends Edison State College.
It's unclear how the student acquired TB, but authorities are currently monitoring the situation.
Currently, only one case is confirmed. The entire Edison State College campus has been notified of the situation and students who were in direct contact with the student are encouraged to come forward for TB testing.
Authorities from the college and the Lee County Health Department are vowing to work hand-in-hand to handle the situation.
Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details on this developing story.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges