|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County health officials have confirmed a case of tuberculosis in a student who attends Edison State College.
It's unclear how the student acquired TB, but authorities are currently monitoring the situation.
Currently, only one case is confirmed. The entire Edison State College campus has been notified of the situation and students who were in direct contact with the student are encouraged to come forward for TB testing.
Authorities from the college and the Lee County Health Department are vowing to work hand-in-hand to handle the situation.
Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details on this developing story.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft