|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 8:15 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County health officials have confirmed a case of tuberculosis in a student who attends Edison State College.
It's unclear how the student acquired TB, but authorities are currently monitoring the situation.
Currently, only one case is confirmed. The entire Edison State College campus has been notified of the situation and students who were in direct contact with the student are encouraged to come forward for TB testing.
Authorities from the college and the Lee County Health Department are vowing to work hand-in-hand to handle the situation.
Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details on this developing story.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms