|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. - Authorities say a passenger plane is on its way to Cancun, Mexico, after being diverted to Tampa International Airport with smoke in the cockpit.
Airport spokeswoman Kelly Figley said the Delta Airlines flight 531 from Atlanta to Cancun landed safely at the Tampa airport at 11:00 a.m. Thursday with smoke in the cockpit. Nobody was hurt.
Delta spokesman Anthony Black said the plane continued on to Cancun after maintenance workers failed to find any problems. The B-757 originated at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport with 164 passengers and crew onboard.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning