|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. - Authorities say a passenger plane is on its way to Cancun, Mexico, after being diverted to Tampa International Airport with smoke in the cockpit.
Airport spokeswoman Kelly Figley said the Delta Airlines flight 531 from Atlanta to Cancun landed safely at the Tampa airport at 11:00 a.m. Thursday with smoke in the cockpit. Nobody was hurt.
Delta spokesman Anthony Black said the plane continued on to Cancun after maintenance workers failed to find any problems. The B-757 originated at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport with 164 passengers and crew onboard.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified