|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 7:20 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. - Authorities say a passenger plane is on its way to Cancun, Mexico, after being diverted to Tampa International Airport with smoke in the cockpit.
Airport spokeswoman Kelly Figley said the Delta Airlines flight 531 from Atlanta to Cancun landed safely at the Tampa airport at 11:00 a.m. Thursday with smoke in the cockpit. Nobody was hurt.
Delta spokesman Anthony Black said the plane continued on to Cancun after maintenance workers failed to find any problems. The B-757 originated at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport with 164 passengers and crew onboard.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory