|Published:||Apr 08, 2010 1:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2010 1:55 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - The U.S. Coast Guard tells WINK News they are searching for a man who was expected home around dinner time Wednesday night but has not returned.
The 50-year-old man was last seen on a 24-foot commercial crab fishing boat and was due back in Naples.
The agency says Bart Bailey's wife reported him missing on Wednesday evening. She told authorities he'd left around 7 a.m. Wednesday to lay crab pots nine miles west of Clam Pass. Bailey was expected to return early Wednesday evening.
Currently, the Coast Guard has launched a helicopter and boat crew to search for Bailey. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and other agencies are also assisting in the search, which is focused on the vicinity of Wiggins Pass.
Multiple agencies are now involved in the search, including the Coast Guard, Florida Fish & Wildlife, and the Collier County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg at 727-824-7506.
Related: Missing Boater Found
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident