|Published:||Apr 07, 2010 6:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 07, 2010 6:22 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The mother of a beaten Florida teenage girl says her daughter is opening her eyes slightly and has squeezed her doctor's hand.
Physicians are unable to tell Josie Lou Ratley's mom Hilda Gotay Ratley about what kind of long-term damage her daughter sustained after the March 17 beating at Deerfield Beach Middle School.
The teen is in a medically induced coma. The mom said Wednesday her daughter doesn't follow commands yet. She says that she spends most of her time by her 15-year-old daughter's bedside, reciting the rosary.
Authorities say the suspect punched and stomped on Ratley with steel-toed boots. He's being held at a juvenile detention center on a charge of premeditated attempted murder.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school