|Published:||Apr 07, 2010 10:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 07, 2010 10:44 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Sheriff's deputies are scouring a Lehigh Acres neighborhood on foot with K9 units and in the air, searching for two suspects who are wanted for questioning in connection with a shooting involving a deliveryman.
Deputies rushed to 4702 28th Street Southwest, located near Immokalee and Gunnery roads in Lehigh at 4:16 p.m., after they received reports that a deliveryman had been shot in the arm. The initial investigation revealed that the deliveryman may have been lured to the neighborhood and robbed by the suspects.
Following the shooting, the Sheriff's Department placed the Lehigh Acres neighborhood on lockdown. According to police, neighborhood residents living in the immediate area of the incident were notified of the lockdown situation.
The victim's injuries are described as non-life threatening.
Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details on this situation.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- South Fla. Water Management District chief resigns
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court