BONITA SPRINGS - Bonita's City Manager will keep his job.
Councilman John Spear had asked City Manager Gary Price to resign after he says Price refused to make presentations to the council because he was too busy. Spear also says Price lied about his knowledge of whether or not grant money could be used to widen an access road behind Riverside Park.
On Wednesday, Spear changed his mind and asked Price to stay. Price says the situation was too much of an interruption.
"I'd like to put this behind us and get on with city business," says Price.
Dozens of people showed up at the meeting in support of Price.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th