|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 3:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 3:57 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral police have made in arrest in connection with Monday morning's bank robbery at the First Community Bank of Southwest Florida.
The suspect, identified as Ronald Reese, 51, was apprehended Tuesday morning after police received a tip. Reese was taken into custody at 312 SE 24th Avenue in Cape Coral.
This arrest came less than 24 hours after the robbery at the First Community Bank of Southwest Florida, located on Red Cedar Drive in Ft. Myers.
According to investigators, the male suspect handed a note to the teller demanding money. It's said that the suspect implied that he was armed, though no weapons were seen during the robbery. Reese reportedly left the bank on foot; he was last seen heading south on Summerlin Road.
Reese, now in police custody, is facing charges of armed robbery and grand theft.
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County