|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 11:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 11:20 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - Residents of Punta Gorda Isles are opposing the city's proposal to bring a 7-11 into their neighborhood.
The proposed convenience store would be situated at the site of Old Wachovia Bank on Bal Harbor and Aqui Esta. Residents are concerned about issues such as traffic, loitering and glare from the store sign.
Residents say they'll soon present the city council with a petition, signed by residents who are opposed to the new 7-11 store.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified