|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 11:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 11:20 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - Residents of Punta Gorda Isles are opposing the city's proposal to bring a 7-11 into their neighborhood.
The proposed convenience store would be situated at the site of Old Wachovia Bank on Bal Harbor and Aqui Esta. Residents are concerned about issues such as traffic, loitering and glare from the store sign.
Residents say they'll soon present the city council with a petition, signed by residents who are opposed to the new 7-11 store.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers