|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 2:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 2:10 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - A jail inmate says a Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter would use drugs sometimes to put the toddler to sleep so that she could go out with friends.
A partial transcript of the interview the inmate had with investigators was released Tuesday by the State Attorney's Office in Orlando. Maya Derkovic says she was friendly with Casey Anthony in the Orange County Jail and that the 24-year-old mother confided in her.
A spokeswoman for Anthony's legal team didn't immediately respond to an e-mail and phone call. Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.
The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, six months after she was reported missing.
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced