|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 9:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 9:51 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A shooting in the back seat of a car leaves two men dead and a crime scene outside the emergency room.
Fort Myers police say 30 year-old Jessie Reyes was parked in a car on St. Charles Street with another man when 21 year-old Jermain Thomas and another man jumped into the back seat. Reyes and Thomas exchanged gunfire and were wounded as the other two men ran from the car. Officers say Reyes' friend returned to vehicle and drove the two gunshot victims to Lee Memorial Hospital's ER where both died.
Investigators recovered two weapons in the vehicle; FDLE agents are taking the entire car from the ER into evidence for further investigation. Officers are still piecing together the motivation behind the shooting.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration