|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 3:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 3:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. Soon, there may be an easier way to get from I-75 to Cape Coral and Monday, Fort Myers City Council members talked about the proposed flyover.
The six lanes will go between the Forum and US-41. It would cost up to 900-million dollars to build and would be paid for by using tolls - charging drivers about three dollars one way.
Some people in Cape Coral may like the quicker trip, but dislike the tolls... and some business owners along Colonial think it'll hurt them. Councilman Thomas Leonardo is against the plan, saying it would re-locate up to 47 businesses and cost too much money. Cape Coral City Council is for the flyover.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys