|Published:||Apr 06, 2010 3:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2010 3:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. Soon, there may be an easier way to get from I-75 to Cape Coral and Monday, Fort Myers City Council members talked about the proposed flyover.
The six lanes will go between the Forum and US-41. It would cost up to 900-million dollars to build and would be paid for by using tolls - charging drivers about three dollars one way.
Some people in Cape Coral may like the quicker trip, but dislike the tolls... and some business owners along Colonial think it'll hurt them. Councilman Thomas Leonardo is against the plan, saying it would re-locate up to 47 businesses and cost too much money. Cape Coral City Council is for the flyover.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- State Fire Marshal investigates possible attempted arson
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school