|Published:||Apr 05, 2010 11:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2010 11:51 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - Casey Anthony appeared in an Orlando courtroom today, as her defense team made a request for access to records that they believe will prove Anthony's innocence.
Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in death of her two-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony, who disappeared in July 2008.
The records relate to the volunteer groups that searched for Caylee's remains. They defense believes the records will prove that Caylee's body was discovered after Casey was arrested.
Anthony has pleaded "not guilty." Her trial is slated to begin next year.
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41