|Published:||Apr 05, 2010 5:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2010 5:32 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A bank robbery is under investigation by Fort Myers police.
The robbery occurred around 11:00 a.m. at the First Community Bank of Southwest Florida, located on Red Cedar Drive in Ft. Myers.
Authorities say the male suspect handed a note to the teller demanding money; he was described as calm and no weapons were brandished. No injuries have been reported.
The suspect was last seen fleeing on foot, heading south on Summerlin.
Police dogs and officers on foot are scouring the area, though as of 12:00 noon, authorities had not apprehended the suspect.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI