An easier way to get from I-75 to Cape Coral discussed
|Published:||Apr 05, 2010 9:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2010 9:12 PM EDT|
Soon, there may be an easier way to get from I-75 to Cape Coral. Monday, Fort Myers City Council talked about building a flyover to make it happen. Traffic along Colonial Boulevard is already busy and Lee County Department of Transportation said it will only get busier. The six lanes will go between the Forum and US-41.It would cost 400-million dollars to build and would be paid for by using tolls - charging drivers about 3 dollars. Some people in Cape Coral may like the quicker trip, but dislike the tolls... and some business owners along Colonial think it'll hurt them.
Popular Local & Florida News Articles
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft