|Published:||Apr 02, 2010 10:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2010 10:08 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County native Michael Scott has been arrested on charges stemming from a banking error. Scott admits to spending thousands of dollars that were accidentally deposited into his account by Bank of America.
The bank blunder resulted in a $90,000 deposit into Scott's account; in reality, he had deposited a $900 check in 2008.
Scott told WINK News that he has cancer and spent most of the money to pay off medical bills.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble