|Published:||Apr 02, 2010 10:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2010 10:08 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County native Michael Scott has been arrested on charges stemming from a banking error. Scott admits to spending thousands of dollars that were accidentally deposited into his account by Bank of America.
The bank blunder resulted in a $90,000 deposit into Scott's account; in reality, he had deposited a $900 check in 2008.
Scott told WINK News that he has cancer and spent most of the money to pay off medical bills.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire