|Published:||Apr 02, 2010 10:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 02, 2010 10:20 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - A state corrections officer is dead after authorities say he was struck by a drunken driver while riding his motorcycle home from work.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 38-year-old Jason Clay Russo was on his 2003 Honda motorcycle Friday morning when a 1996 Lexus crossed into his path and collided with the motorcycle.
Sgt. Kim Montes says Russo worked at the Central Florida Reception Center and was still in his uniform when he was thrown from the motorcycle and killed.
The driver of the Honda, 28-year-old Okevin Moradian has been charged with DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and refusal to submit to a DUI test.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings