|Published:||Apr 01, 2010 9:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2010 9:54 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A woman who was robbed at gunpoint, tied up, and locked in a bathroom spoke to WINK News.
It happened Friday morning at Hodgepodge and Hot Flashes Consignment in South Fort Myers.
The man arrested is a former employee of the store.
Marsha Crowder was opening her store as usual when a former employee walked in.
"And that's when he pulled out a gun and I'm not a gun person at all. It scared the crap out of me."
Deputies said that's when Daniel Joseph Ellis told Crowder to write him a check for 1,500 dollars. Then he brought her to the back room.
"He tied me up with a neck tie and duct tape."
Crowder said Ellis locked her in a bathroom by shoving furniture against the door.
"He said wait an hour before you do anything. I don't know how long I was in there."
A co-worker arrived at the store while Ellis was still inside. Deputies said she was also tied up and put in another bathroom.
Ellis got away in Crowder's car.
Even though he was arrested, the women working there don't feel safe.
"I don't like harboring thoughts about him that I have right now... and that I'm scared."
Marsha Crowder said Ellis was a model employee, and now she will do extensive backgrounds checks before hiring anyone else.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders