|Published:||Apr 01, 2010 4:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2010 4:17 PM EDT|
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - Friends of the 41-year-old woman who allegedly shot and killed a former co-worker at a supermarket told a newspaper that the woman was teased and taunted at work.
A woman who works at the Publix supermarket told the St. Petersburg Times that Arunya Rouch was teased at work.
The Tarpon Springs Police Department said Rouch killed 40-year-old Gregory Janowski in the Publix parking lot at about noon Tuesday.
Still armed, Rouch went in the store and then fired at officers who came in after her. She was shot at least twice and is still in the hospital.
None of the officers were injured.
A Publix spokeswoman said Rouch was fired Tuesday morning.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013