|Published:||Apr 01, 2010 4:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2010 4:17 PM EDT|
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - Friends of the 41-year-old woman who allegedly shot and killed a former co-worker at a supermarket told a newspaper that the woman was teased and taunted at work.
A woman who works at the Publix supermarket told the St. Petersburg Times that Arunya Rouch was teased at work.
The Tarpon Springs Police Department said Rouch killed 40-year-old Gregory Janowski in the Publix parking lot at about noon Tuesday.
Still armed, Rouch went in the store and then fired at officers who came in after her. She was shot at least twice and is still in the hospital.
None of the officers were injured.
A Publix spokeswoman said Rouch was fired Tuesday morning.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral