TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - Friends of the 41-year-old woman who allegedly shot and killed a former co-worker at a supermarket told a newspaper that the woman was teased and taunted at work.
A woman who works at the Publix supermarket told the St. Petersburg Times that Arunya Rouch was teased at work.
The Tarpon Springs Police Department said Rouch killed 40-year-old Gregory Janowski in the Publix parking lot at about noon Tuesday.
Still armed, Rouch went in the store and then fired at officers who came in after her. She was shot at least twice and is still in the hospital.
None of the officers were injured.
A Publix spokeswoman said Rouch was fired Tuesday morning.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th