|Published:||Apr 01, 2010 2:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2010 2:30 PM EDT|
Two women were stranded on a ride at the Miami-Dade County Fair for more than hour.
They were stuck almost 100 feet in the air after a ride called 'Space Roller' suddenly stopped. The Space Roller is made up of a pod of cars at the end of long arm.
The two women were left hanging at the sides - parallel to the ground.
Fire rescue was called in with a ladder truck and an aerial lift was also brought in, but after nearly an hour, the ride started slowly moving again, and the women were brought down to safety. The women were not hurt.
Now the company who makes the ride is looking into what went wrong.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral