|Published:||Apr 01, 2010 5:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 01, 2010 5:44 PM EDT|
LAKE WALES, Fla. - Authorities in Polk County say they have
seized $15 million worth of drugs and arrested more than a dozen
people following an investigation into a suspected narcotics
The Polk County Sheriff's Office announced the arrests
Wednesday. It said investigators seized 128.5 pounds of crystal
methamphetamine and 36.3 pounds of cocaine.
The investigation into 30-year-old Erick Chavez and his family
took about four months. Authorities believe the family was
importing drugs from Mexico, which were then distributed in the
Chavez was arrested Tuesday and charged with conspiracy to
traffic in cocaine and conspiracy to traffic in methamphetamine. He
is being held on $3 million bond. Court records didn't list an
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County