|Published:||Mar 31, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A woman who was robbed at gunpoint, tied up, and locked in a bathroom is spoke to WINK News.
It happened Friday morning at Hodgepodge and Hot Flashes Consignment in South Fort Myers.
The man arrested is a former employee of the store.
Marsha Crowder was opening her store as usual when a former employee walked in.
"And that's when he pulled out a gun and I'm not a gun person at all. It scared the crap out of me."
Deputies said that's when Daniel Joseph Ellis told Crowder to write him a check for 1,500 dollars. Then he brought her to the back room.
"He tied me up with a neck tie and duct tape."
Crowder said Ellis locked her in a bathroom by shoving furniture against the door.
"He said wait an hour before you do anything. I don't know how long I was in there."
A co-worker arrived at the store while Ellis was still inside. Deputies said she was also tied up and put in another bathroom.
Ellis got away in Crowder's car.
Even though he was arrested, the women working there don't feel safe.
"I don't like harboring thoughts about him that I have right now... and that I'm scared."
Marsha Crowder said Ellis was a model employee, and now she will do extensive backgrounds checks before hiring anyone else.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect