|Published:||Mar 31, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The family of the man who died while in Lee County Jail has said that they plan to proceed with a lawsuit against the county.
Nicholas Christie died while in police custody one year ago today. In an interview with WINK News, his wife said that Christie's family remains traumatized following the death.
Christie was repeatedly pepper sprayed while in custody, though notably, an investigation by the state attorneys office revealed no criminal wrong-doing.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption