|Published:||Mar 31, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The family of the man who died while in Lee County Jail has said that they plan to proceed with a lawsuit against the county.
Nicholas Christie died while in police custody one year ago today. In an interview with WINK News, his wife said that Christie's family remains traumatized following the death.
Christie was repeatedly pepper sprayed while in custody, though notably, an investigation by the state attorneys office revealed no criminal wrong-doing.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti