NAPLES, Fla. - Florida Fish & Wildlife officers are investigating a boat fire that sent a father and son to the hospital.
Officers say the fire happened around 11:30pm Friday, on a boat at a home on Bernbury Drive in Naples. FWC said Helmut Sempf and his 11 year old son were fueling their Sea Ray boat, when fuel leaked. As the pair tried to clean up the spill with a shop vac, fumes ignited and caught fire.
Officer said Sempf suffered third-degree burns, his son had second-degree burns. Both were airlifted to the burn unit at Tampa General Hospital.
(Photo courtesy Naples Fire Dept.)