Published: May 22, 2012 2:00 PM EDT
Updated: May 22, 2012 6:21 PM EDT

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives identified the woman arrested early this morning following an 8½ hour standoff that ended at 2:15 a.m. Charged with Shooting into an Occupied Dwelling, and Battery by Strangulation was Lisa Marie Christopolus, 34, of 17492 Foremost Lane in Port Charlotte.

Shortly after 6:00 p.m. Monday, two deputies were flagged down for a domestic situation on Foremost Lane by Christopolus’ 57-year-old mother. She advised her daughter was tearing up the house and Christopolus’ roommate did not want to enter as she was in fear of her because of a domestic problem earlier in the day. The roommate said Christopolus was out of control, grabbed her around the neck with both hands, and began strangling her. The mother went into the house to talk to her daughter but she pushed her into two fire pits causing minor injuries.

After flagging deputies down, the mother opened the door for the two deputies so she could take control of a 100 pound bulldog inside. Deputies announced “Lisa, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.” Immediately two shots were fired from upstairs and another shot was fired after a short pause. One of the deputies immediately pushed the other deputy and the mother out of the house and they took cover. Christopolus’ roommate advised there were three guns in the home. CCSO detectives, deputies, SWAT and Negotiation Team set up a command post at the corner of Collingswood Boulevard and Ohara Drive. A perimeter was established, the neighborhood secured, and traffic was rerouted around the area.

After obtaining a search warrant, detectives said the SWAT team launched tear gas rounds into the home at 12:09 a.m. after all attempts failed for the woman to surrender. More gas rounds were used and finally SWAT members forced their way in. They located Christopolus on the second floor of the two-story home. She was transported by Charlotte County EMS to Fawcett Memorial Hospital, medically cleared, and taken to the Charlotte County Jail. The home is still being held as a crime scene this morning.