Published: Jan 30, 2011 1:06 AM EST
Updated: Jan 29, 2011 10:06 PM EST

CAIRO (AP) - Cairo airport officials say several Arab nations have organized additional flights to take their nationals and families of diplomats out of Egypt because of the violence and unrest roiling the country.
      
The officials said Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Jordan are the countries that have arranged flights out.
      
They also said as many as 3,000 people have been stranded at the airport Saturday, at least half of whom were travelers whose flights arrived after the government imposed curfew.

The other half included Egyptians and foreigners who had been scrambling to flee the country only to find that several airlines had either canceled, delayed or suspended their flights.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief the media.


(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)