CAPE CORAL, Fla - Cape Harbour is celebrating America’s red, white and blue Independence Day holiday by hosting the “Great American Picnic” July 4th from 11 am until 3 pm on the Marina at Cape Harbour.
The event is a traditional favorite in Cape Coral. A patriotic salute to our troops accompanied by the Cape Coral VFW Post 8463 Color Guard will be featured. It is a family friendly day of activities for everyone. Enjoy delicious foods, contests, and music.
The celebration begins with a medley of patriotic songs to get you in the spirit. Come sing along with our amazingly talented vocalists.
Again this year, the ever-popular “Best Patriotic Pet Contest” gets underway. Our two famous judges, Lois Thome, WINK-TV news anchor, along with Anita Simmons, owner of Cape Dog Bakery, have again taken on the challenge. There is no cost to enter and winners receive a medal. The grand prize is a giant gift basket from the Cape Harbour Merchants. Registration begins at 11:15am and the contest starts at noon.
This is the 3rd year that members of the non-profit Adopt-A-Troop Foundation will be raising money to support our military.
Also on tap will be:
- The Joint is sponsoring “Mini Race Cars” for photos with the children…
bring your cameras.
- Café Pignoli will host the traditional “Apple Pie Baking Contest”.
- Run Agrounds is hosting the “Banana Split Eating Contest”.
- High Maintenance Salon will create colorful Fireworks Ponytails, tattoos and an arts and crafts area where kids can create; “Thank You Cards” for our military.
- Divine Diva’s will decorate children or those young at heart with patriotic tattoos.
- The Bikini Shop will be hosting the “Family Fun Photo Opt”…bring your cameras.
- Mamma Maria’s Treasures will have bandanas for kids to create fun designs for themselves or for the Troops.
- Martial Art Demonstration by Jeff Santella’s Martial Arts University.
- Calendar Girls will perform a tribute to the 82nd Airborne.
Throughout the festival, Chris the DJ with “Juke Box Hero” will be the MC providing entertainment.
Rumrunners, The Joint and Run Agrounds will be welcoming guests with their menu choices. Café Pignoli will be selling the customary 4th of July fare of hot dogs and hamburgers along with their daily menu. All the Merchants will have their doors open featuring some red-hot holiday specials.
As always admission and parking are free. For more details visit www.capeharbour.com or call (239) 945-6116.