|Published:||Jun 16, 2011 3:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 16, 2011 3:34 PM EDT|
It’s surprising to some that there are actually more overweight men in this country than women (70% men vs. 52% women).
And that’s just one of the many misconceptions when it comes to men and weight loss.
So, in honor Father’s Day, Kim Barber with Weight Watchers is here is debunking the top 5 myths – that will prove men can lose weight without sacrificing their manhood.
Weight Watchers Recipe
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 6
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time: 14 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
This meat is wonderfully tender and so well-flavored. Marinate it in the morning before you go to work and just pop it in the oven when you get home.
12 oz beer
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), peeled and smashed
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp whole cloves
1 1/2 pound(s) raw lean flank steak, 1-inch thick, washed and patted dry
· In a 9- X 13-inch glass baking dish, combine beer, oil, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cloves; add steak. Cover dish and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
· Place a grill pan in broiler; preheat broiler to high. Remove meat from marinade and broil about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or longer until desired doneness.* Remove meat from broiler and place meat on a plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand for about 10 minutes.
· Meanwhile, place grill pan on stovetop over high heat; carefully pour marinade onto grill pan. Bring to a boil (beer will foam) and cook until all alcohol burns off, about 5 to 7 minutes.
· Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with sauce. Yields about 4 ounces of steak per serving.
· *You can also cook this recipe on the grill and reduce the sauce in a saucepan on the stove.