|Published:||Oct 04, 2012 10:55 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2012 6:33 AM EDT|
DALLAS (AP) - TCU quarterback Casey Pachall (PAW'-hall) has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Fort Worth police Sgt. Pedro Criado said Pachall was taken into custody early Thursday after he was pulled over for running a stop sign near TCU's Fort Worth campus. Criado says Pachall's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, but wouldn't provide specifics.
A jail official in nearby Mansfield said Pachall was being held on $1,000 bond. There was no information on an attorney.
TCU coach Gary Patterson said was aware of the arrest and had no further comment.
In February, Pachall admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and failed a drug test two weeks before his roommate was arrested in a sting operation.
The 15th-ranked Horned Frogs have their first Big 12 home game Saturday against Iowa State.
- Notre Dame accepts bid to Pinstripe Bowl in NYC
- Irish DL Nix off to NFL
- OSU\'s Hall won\'t start vs. Spartans after ejection
- Washington lures Petersen away from Boise State
- Vols OL Richardson, too
- Auburn gives Malzahn 6-year contract extension
- Fisher mum on Winston inquiry, praises FSU star
- Palm: Baylor in
- AAC also-ran Cincinnati accepts bid to Belk Bowl
- NIU falls to Bowling Green for MAC title; BCS hopes shot