|Published:||Oct 01, 2012 8:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2012 6:32 AM EDT|
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - In a story Sept. 29 on East Carolina's victory against UTEP, The Associated Press erroneously reported East Carolina running back Vintavious Cooper had 128 yards rushing on 18 carries. Cooper rushed for 151 yards on 23 carries.
A corrected version of the story is below:
East Carolina holds off UTEP for 28-18 win
Carden accounts for 3 TDs, makes up for 3 INTs in leading East Carolina to 28-18 win over UTEP
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) - East Carolina quarterback Shane Carden ran for two touchdowns and threw for a score to overcome three interceptions, leading the Pirates to a 28-18 win over Texas-El Paso on Saturday night.
Carden, who was 28 of 40 for 258 yards, ran for a 6-yard score in the first quarter and threw a 3-yard scoring pass to Justin Hardy that gave the Pirates (3-2, 2-0 Conference USA) their first lead of the game at 14-10 going into halftime.
East Carolina led the rest of the way, as Carden's 8-yard TD trot marked the only score of the third. Vintavious Cooper's 24-yard rushing touchdown put the Pirates up 28-10 with 4:56 to play. Cooper finished with 151 yards rushing on 23 carries.
The Miners (1-4, 0-1) got their late touchdown on Autrey Golden's 96-yard return on the ensuing kickoff. Nathan Jeffery had 134 yards rushing for UTEP.
- Notre Dame accepts Pinstripe bid
- Stanford takes down ASU, punches ticket to Rose Bowl
- To Liberty Bowl
- Wyoming hires NDSU\'s Bohl as new head coach
- Winston leads No. 1 FSU over No. 20 Duke to win ACC
- Vs. Rutgers
- Michigan St. stuns Ohio St., ends Buckeyes\' BSC title shot
- Report: Fla. St., Fisher agree to 5-year extension
- Mason, No. 3 Auburn grind up No. 5 Missouri for SEC title
- Fresno State holds off Utah St. for Mountain West title