|Published:||Sep 16, 2012 1:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2012 6:32 AM EDT|
ATLANTA (AP) - Evans Okotcha ran for three touchdowns and Eric Soza passed for two scores as UTSA stayed unbeaten with a 38-14 rout of winless Georgia State Saturday.
The second-year Roadrunners (3-0) dropped Georgia State to 0-3 by scoring five unanswered touchdowns after the Panthers took an early 7-3 lead. It came on Ben McLane's 84-yard scoring pass to Albert Wilson on Georgia State's third play from scrimmage - the longest play in the program's three-year history.
But Georgia State didn't score again until the fourth quarter. By then, Okotcha had run for three touchdowns, the first a 3-yarder to give the Roadrunners the lead for good. He also scored twice on 1-yard runs. Soza was 17 of 24 for 206 yards.
Georgia State finally scored again late in the fourth quarter. Wilson caught a 25-yard touchdown pass from backup quarterback Ronnie Bell.
- Report: Texas might pursue Tomlin, Jim Harbaugh
- Bama aims to keep Saban as highest-paid coach
- Auburn\'s Malzahn finalist for Liberty Mutual COY
- Texas to let Brown go; tweet on Saban shot down
- All-Big Ten LT Scherff returning to Iowa in 2014
- Man behind coaching-offer hoaxes jailed in Calif.
- Notre Dame starting G Watt out for Pinstripe Bowl