Published: Aug 06, 2010 11:37 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2010 4:05 PM EDT

CAPE CORAL, Fla. - It's your money and the government poured millions of dollars into saving the banking industry.  But thousands of people looking to national banks to save their homes say the banks aren't keeping up their end of the deal.  One way to hold the bank responsible is to file a complaint through the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

For over two years, Vikki Stockton has mailed out paperwork for a loan modification to her bank not once, but 11 times because her bank kept losing it.  Fed up, Vikki wanted to complain to someone.  We referred her to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, a Bureau of the U.S. Department of Treasury.  The OCC Supervises all national banks and follows through with complaints.  For Vikki, filing her complaint took less than ten minutes.

To access the complaint form you can call 1-800-613-6743 or go online by clicking this link.

"It gives you enough options to be versatile; for those of you that have a computer, for those who aren't computer savvy," Vikki tells us of the process.

You can submit the complaint form online, through fax, or by mail.

For Vikki, the fact that someone is listening to her complaint about the bank, is music to her ears.

"Someone is going to go knock on their door, hopefully and say, 'what have you done and why have you done this?' and make them accountable for what they are doing or what they are not doing," she says.

The OCC doesn't take complaints over the phone but you can call 1-800-613-6743 to get a complaint form sent to you through the mail if you don't have a computer.