|Published:||Nov 03, 2012 5:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 04, 2012 7:31 AM EST|
NEW YORK (AP) - Mayor Michael Bloomberg says that fully resolving the shortages at gas stations could take a few days.
Bloomberg spoke at a briefing Saturday.
Long lines of vehicles and pedestrians formed after Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the U.S. Department of Defense was opening the mobile fuel stations in New York City and on suburban Long Island.
The government then asked the public to stay away from the locations until emergency responders get their gas.
National Guard Col. Richard Goldenberg said Saturday afternoon that people who were already at the distribution sites would not be turned away.
- Port Charlotte Toys 'R' Us to close after Christmas
- Allegiant offers flights from Punta Gorda to Cedar Rapids
- JPMorgan Chase sues FDIC for more than $1B
- US stocks soar after Fed says economy is improving
- Fed will reduce bond purchases by $10B in January
- US home construction hits highest pace in 5 years