North Law Firm buys naming rights to Dunbar High stadium
Call it North Law Firm Stadium.
Dunbar High School Stadium was just renamed after Attorney Joe North’s business in the first-ever corporate naming deal for a Lee County schools facility.
“There is no greater investment that anyone can make than the investment in education,” North said. “Investing in education pays dividends for to the students and to the community as a whole.”
Thursday’s unveiling of the name is part of a school district initiative to raise money for capital projects that benefit students, according to a district release. The county will charge between $750 and $8,000 a month for naming rights, depending the visibility of each venue.
“The idea here was to partner with business to offer them a new way to advertise while supporting our district, schools, teachers, and most of all…students,” Lee County superintendent Dr. Greg Adkins said.
North’s deal for the Dunbar stadium calls for him to pay $1,908 per month for the length of the five-year contract. The costs of naming rights for other venues are in the school district’s pricing guide below:
The naming rights for dozens of venues — from theaters to gyms to other stadiums — are up for grabs.
The North Law Firm will get the following benefits as part of its deal:
- A sign at the main entrance
- A sign from street view
- A sign from inside the stadium on the press box
- An on-field sign for televised game coverage
- A welcome announcement at every event
- Four 30-second public address announcements at every event
- The chance to set up a 10-foot-by-10-foot space at all events
- Online advertisements on the school’s athletic’s website
- The ability to use school logos on advertising and promotional items